- 1 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Odds
- 2 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: BETTING TIPS
- 3 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: MATCH STATS
- 4 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: BTTS
- 5 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Over/Under Goals 2.5
- 6 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Double Chance
- 7 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Match Preview
- 8 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: HEAD TO HEAD – Results
- 9 Where to bet on Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
- 10 Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Live Streaming
- 11 More Tips and Predictions:
One of the fiercest rivalries in world football, the Madrid derby rarely disappoints when it comes to action, spectacle and end-to-end drama. The competitive nature between the two goes back over a hundred years and is deeply entrenched, with a division that goes beyond sport.
Since Diego Simeone took over as head coach of Atletico Madrid in 2011, Atletico have become genuine title contenders every year, intensifying the rivalry. Having won the title in 2020/21, Real Madrid fans are even more desperate to regain dominance of La Liga.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Odds
When it comes to betting on the Madrid derby, there’s a wide variety of betting markets you can explore. The odds change regularly, so make sure you keep up to date with the latest prices being offered by clicking on the following link.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: BETTING TIPS
The Madrid derby is one of the most eagerly awaited fixtures in the Spanish football calendar and a great opportunity to place a wager or two. Here are our key betting tips for the next Madrid derby.
- Football Tip prediction one: Double Chance – Draw or Real Madrid to win
- Football Tip two: Both Teams to Score
- Football Tip three: Anytime Goalscorer – Karim Benzema
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: MATCH STATS
- The highest scoring Madrid derby of all time was only the second to ever be played outside of Spain – the exhibition game played in the US in 2019, which Atletico won 7-3.
- Only two players have ever won La Liga titles with both clubs – José Luis Pérez-Payá and Thibaut Courtois
- Sergio Ramos has made the most appearances in the Madrid derby with 43
- The Champions League final between the two clubs in 2014 was the first time clubs from the same city had competed in a European final (and the first Madrid derby to be held outside of Spain)
- Matches won by Atletico Madrid – 39
- Matches drawn – 40
- Matches won by Real Madrid – 90
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: BTTS
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the all time top scorer in the Madrid derby with 22 goals, 5 ahead of Alfredo Di Stefano on 17
- Ronaldo and Di Stefano are two of the five players to have scored hat tricks in the Madrid derby. The others are Baltazar, Pruden and Gaspar Rubio
- The Number of goals in matches between these two teams up to last season – Atletico Madrid: 217; Real Madrid: 295
- The number of times the score was without goals between these two teams up to last season – 9
- Atletico Madrid best result – Atletico Madrid 5-1 Real Madrid, 1950, League
- Best Real Madrid result – Real Madrid 5-0 Atletico Madrid, 1983, League
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Over/Under Goals 2.5
The over/under 2.5 goals market allows you to bet on whether the game will be high scoring or not. A bet under 2.5 means 2 goals or less, and a bet over 2.5 goals means 3 goals or more.
Of the last 14 matches between the two sides, only 2 have produced more than 2 goals. This stat makes it pretty clear that a bet under 2.5 goals seems like a good choice, depending on the odds of course.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Double Chance
Double chance betting allows you to cover your bet by placing a wager on either one of two bets coming in. So, for example, you could bet on one team winning or it being a draw.
For the Madrid derby, I would recommend a double chance bet of a draw or a Real Madrid victory.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Match Preview
The Madrid derby, known simply as El Derbi in Madrid, stirs up plenty of passion and emotion among Madridistas, with the city whipped up in a frenzy of excitement every time the two sides face off.
Both teams tend to play cautiously when they meet – with pride, as well as the scoreline at stake. Expect much of the same cagey, defensive football for the next fixture.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: the last time out
The last Madrid derby was a masterclass in ruthless finishing, as Real Madrid dispatched Atletico with ease. Real took the lead in the 16th minute, Vinícius and Benzema combining to devastating effect, the Frenchman vollying past Jan Oblak from just inside the box.
Thibaut Courtois produced a magnificent save to deny Antoine Griezmann’s freekick, before Marco Asensio put the tie beyond doubt with a tidy left foot finish.
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: HEAD TO HEAD – Results
Let’s get a better idea of the way the next game will go by taking a look at the previous five fixtures between Atletico and Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid 2-0 Atletico Madrid, Dec 2021, League
- Atletico Madrid 1-1 Real Madrid, Mar 2021, League
- Real Madrid 2-0 Atletico Madrid, Dec 2020, League
- Real Madrid 1-0 Atletico Madrid, Feb 2020, League
- Real Madrid 0-0 Atletico Madrid, Jan 2020, Cup
Where to bet on Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid
There are lots of excellent betting platforms available for football fans to bet on their favourite teams. Here are some of the best and the reasons why you should check them out.
There’s a reason Bet 365 is one of the most popular betting platforms in the world. A solid start up bonus, excellent interface and a simple tutorial are enough to get you started. Once you’re in, excellent match odds and a variety of deposit and withdrawal options are enough to make you stay. (Read more)
Slick, trustworthy and with great odds prices, Bwin is definitely one of the better bookies out there. You’ll find a good in-play betting market too.
Indian football fans will love this betting platform. It’s specifically focused on Indian players, with first-rate customer service in Hindi and English, as well as great football betting markets. (Read More)
Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid: Live Streaming
Live streaming services are now the best way for Indian football fans to catch the best La Liga games. Here are the best at the moment:
The US streaming platform brings plenty of streaming speed and an easy to use platform. For Indian football fans, you’ll need to use a VPN to be able to legally stream La Liga content.
Another one of the premier streaming services when it comes to streaming live La Liga games, BeIN sports is a great option for Indian football fans. You can legally stream BeIN with the help of a VPN and enjoy fast streaming speeds and plenty of great games.
DAZN has been staking a claim as the best in the business and it’s easy to see why. Lots of excellent La Liga content, super fast streaming speeds and good customer service all add up to a solid package, with a service that’s improving year by year.
More Tips and Predictions:
For more tips, predictions, and odds on these two teams, check out the links below.