- 1 How Does Call of Duty work?
- 2 How To Bet On Call of Duty
- 3 COD betting markets
- 4 Who are the best Call of Duty players and teams?
- 5 Best CoD teams of all time
- 6 Best CoD players of all time
- 7 Tips for betting on Call of Duty
- 8 Best Call of Duty tournaments
- 9 Top 3 Call of Duty Betting Sites
One of the all-time great first-person shooters (FPS), Call of Duty has been a household name for gamers over the last few decades.
However, as thrilling as the single-player story-driven side of the game is, it’s the multiplayer element that has launched CoD into legendary status. Now, it has become one of the most prominent eSports out there, with huge events offering massive cash prizes for the world’s greatest players, as well as big payoffs for bettors.
How Does Call of Duty work?
Call of Duty was probably the main driving force behind the popularity of online multiplayer gaming. Players compete either in free-for-all or team formats across a variety of game types.
There are various different games in the Call of Duty universe, including Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and, most recently, Call of Duty: Vanguard. Each version has a variety of game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Domination, Frontline, and Hardpoint.
Players shoot it out against each other to compete in ladders or tournaments. Each ladder is divided into different sub-ladders, such as the singles, doubles, or team ladders – from 3v3 to 6v6.
Winning players gain experience points and ranks. When competing in tournaments, players and teams can win trophies and cash prizes.
How To Bet On Call of Duty
Nowadays, betting on eSports such as Call of Duty, Dota 2, League of Legends and CS:GO is becoming increasingly popular. Much like traditional sports betting, bookmakers offer a variety of betting markets, ranging from standard bets like outright winners to more obscure bets.
Still, while CoD is a hugely popular eSport, adored by fans all over the world, it still doesn’t compete with mainstream sports such as football, boxing, and tennis. So, you’ll find relatively limited coverage devoted to Call of Duty betting.
But, for CoD fans who know where to look, there are still plenty of opportunities to bet on matches and tournaments, with a range of betting options available. The following types of betting markets are popular in Call of Duty.
COD betting markets
- Number of headshots in a game: As any CoD fanatic will tell you, one of the most fun aspects of the game is landing a headshot. So, it makes sense to have a headshot betting market!
- Winner of the tournament: A standard bet across sports betting and eSports is no different.
- Winner of the game: You can also bet on winners of individual games.
- The player with the highest number of kills: Like goals scored within a football match, betting on which player will score the most kills within a single game is a skill in itself.
- The player with the biggest kill-streak of the game: Kill-streaks are a very interesting bet to take on. Players who rack up a number of kills without dying are rewarded with tools that enable them to keep on killing.
- The player with most points in the team: Every team has a star player – you can bet on who you think it will be.
- Weapons that are going to be used in the game: An example of an obscure CoD bet, this one is for those who know the game inside out.
Who are the best Call of Duty players and teams?
Like any other sport, the Call of Duty universe is dominated by a select few world-class teams and players who operate on a level beyond everyone else. Here are some of the very best CoD players and teams in the world.
Best CoD teams of all time
- OpTic Gaming: 2017 Call of Duty World Champions with total prize money of $2,390,091.
- Evil Geniuses: Top five of various tournaments, with total prize money of $128,875.
- Team Envy: Top five of various tournaments, with total prize money of $114,625.
- Fariko Impact: 2013 Call of Duty World Champions with total prize money of $429,500.
Best CoD players of all time
Known as ‘Simp,’ Chris Lehr has earned over $546,000 in CoD tournaments and, at such a young age, is regarded as a world champion in the global CoD scene.
A Call of Duty World Champion in 2014, 2017, and 2020, Ian ‘C6’ Porter has consistently been one of the best CoD players of the last decade.
One of the most famous Call of Duty players in recent years, Seth ‘Scump’ Abner won the CoD World Championship in 2017 and has earned over $859,000 in his career so far.
Tips for betting on Call of Duty
As with any sport, it’s very useful to get to know the game before you start betting. With CoD, more than most sports, calling an outright winner can be very tricky, as the unexpected can and often does happen.
That’s why it’s definitely worth doing your homework – there are plenty of stats online from the likes of Call of Duty esports Wiki, as well as gameplay videos on YouTube and Twitch, allowing you to get to know the styles and attributes of individual players.
Best Call of Duty tournaments
The Call of Duty scene is based around the Call of Duty World League, a series of tournaments run by the game’s creators, Activision. The event runs for the whole year and offers millions of dollars in prizes to the best competing players. Tournaments include the Dallas Open, New Orleans Open, Atlanta Open, Birmingham Open, Seattle Open, and Anaheim Open.
The two most prestigious events of the year are the CWL Pro League Stage 1 and Stage 2. These two tournaments come with huge prize pools of $700,000.
Top 3 Call of Duty Betting Sites
Here are some of the best sports betting sites when it comes to betting on Call of Duty.
One of the biggest bookmakers in the world, Betway, is coming around to the eSports betting scene. Sleek design, an easy-to-use interface, and excellent mobile applications for Android and iOS make for a great user experience. A wide range of deposit and withdrawal options and solid customer service are also big pluses, while an expanding eSports market means opportunities for betting on CoD through Betway will only increase. Read Review.
Another major sports betting website, Bet 365 are also amping up their eSports option, making it an excellent option for Call of Duty users. Going for a trusted bookmaker is always advised and Bet 365 is one of the most secure, reliable bookies on the market. They offer plenty of good CoD betting markets, from outright tournament winners to highest kills. Expect good sign up bonuses, good odds and plenty of deposit and withdrawal options. Read Review.
Increasingly popular bookmaker BetWinner is serious contenders when it comes to the best Call of Duty betting platform. A wide variety of game markets, excellent live betting, and a sleek, intuitive interface, are advantages. A big sign-up bonus is a big draw – BetWinner will match your first deposit up to $100, giving you a free bet on sign-up. Another major plus is the payment methods – there are an incredible 140 deposit options on BetWinner. Read Review.